Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 08:19 PM   #7962 (permalink)
Sequoioideae
An Butthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I think so long as you've played MGS3 Snake Eater you'll have some semblance of idea of what's going on. At least that's what I've heard and what I hope because that was the last MGS game I played.
That and Peacewalker. I think it's more important if you've played MGS3 though as a lot of what happened in Peacewalker is reviewed and then expanded upon. Big Bosses' timeline is what I'm most familiar with, and it's a hell of a lot more interesting than Solid Snake's. A lot of the story is tucked away in to cassettes, so if you're just in it for the game it shouldn't really be that big of a deal, as long as you have some general idea of what's happened. For a MGS game it's pretty lax on the cut scenes, but just a warning, it's incredibly dark for one too. Rape, torture, children soldiers, genocide, it's got some quirk to it (namely one line near the end which I had a double take to), but it's pretty straight laced for a MGS game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Is it good? I've had my copy for a few days now but have absolutely no desire to play it. I blame the XB360 and its glut of first person shooters.
I really, really enjoyed it (even if I read most of the lore and played only MGS3). It just gets really depressing towards the end, almost to the point where I kind of don't want to pick it up for awhile.

God Is My Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
"check yr fucking posable limbs privilege you ****s"
Sequoioideae is offline   Reply With Quote