Music Banter - View Single Post - Whaddya want?!
Thread: Whaddya want?!
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 05:29 PM   #256 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Album: Material Action For 2 Microphones
Artist: Merzbow
Genre: Noise
Suggested by: grindy
Familiarity: Never heard this one in particular before.

1. Hoochie Coochie Strached Man - A voice comes in that sounds like blues vocals put through some sort of effect. Then the real noise starts. This stuff is pretty harsh, I would say. It seems like Merzbow is starting to experiment with some different methods. But it's mostly stuff I've heard before. At this point I think Mitzutani began working with Akita. I don't know about this stuff. It's just too heavy for me. I like the usage of old tapes. Alright, now I'm gonna do some other stuff while listening. I just can't do it. This whole project is more just good fun than anything else. And when you don't really pay very close attention to Merzbow's music, there's a sort of beauty to it. Anyways, it's really hard to listen to, but I'm having fun anyways. The use of old tapes are an interesting introduction. Tapes of violins and stuff cut in every once in a while. I like that the music calms down sometimes.

2. Yumin, Non-Stop Disco - Plenty of fun here as well. It quickly begins using a new wave song for sampling. Then there's the random screeching over top of it. It's actually a really cool and layered effect.

3. New Acoustic Music - Yeah, it got really boring towards the end.

This was very interesting at first, but then it just got really boring and depressing.

OVERALL RATING: 2/10

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote