Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #281 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Sure, I do like seeing people like Markiplier and PewDiePie react the way that they do, but I imagine most of their reactions are truly genuine. Though, there's also the argument that there doing it just for the video, but hey, if it's entertaining, why not right?
I think it's a little of both. They're basically doing what a comedian does: play an exaggerated version of themselves that is still true to their personalities. I imagine that Pewdiepie's hamming it up when he literally falls out of his chair, but I think he's just using his actual fear reaction as fuel for his performance.

Likewise, it would be easy to say that early morning FM radio hosts have no talent, since all they do is talk, but not just anyone can do that. It takes a certain "personality skill set" to do what they do.

@Ki - Check out Day[9]'s Amnesia and Slender playthroughs for someone who I think is actually being 100% genuine when he screams like a little girl. He'll freak out (he actually tried playing Slender while covering his eyes at one point) but then give an embarrassed laugh that doesn't at all feel played up. He's just that big a bitch.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.