Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #284 (permalink)
Key

I love horror games. That much is obvious. I also love it when I run into a memorable character in a video game. Whether they're funny, or serious, or whatever, a good character in a horror game, or in any game can really make the game that much better. I'm going to talk about a few characters that I love.

First up we have...

The witch from the Left 4 Dead games. I don't really remember the first time I ran into this enemy when I was playing these games for the first time. But what I do remember is that the terrifying scream it released as I got closer to it was one of the scariest things i've ever heard. This character really adds a certain amount of difficulty to an already difficult game. You pretty much do not want to piss this character off.

Although I have my own opinions about the games in general, Freddy Fazbear is still a great character along with the other animatronic characters you find in the Five Nights at Freddy's games. I would definitely not want to be seen stuck in a room knowing that things like this were trying to find me.

I'm not very good with figuring out the names of monsters and characters in video games when the names don't show up in the game itself, so i'll just call this "monster in the water". If you've played Amnesia: The Dark Descent, you already know how terrifying this monster can be. Basically, it's one of the first times in the game where you realize just how terrifyingly awesome the game is. It'll also make you want to stay out of water for the rest of your life.

Although Bioshock: Infinite isn't considered a horror game, there are characters in the series that make the game memorable from a scare perspective, and Lady Comstock is one of them. I don't want to really spoil much, but this is easily one of the coolest and most interesting character designs i've run into in a game. The whole idea around the character becoming what it is makes it terrifying on it's own.

That's about it for the first part of this series, but i've got a lot more coming. I didn't want to fill this post up with too many pictures as I just feel like it'd look cluttered.