Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #289 (permalink)
Key

If you haven't heard by now, one of my all time favorite games is finally getting the DLC we've all been waiting for. And what better way to celebrate that than to talk about it during horror month. What, Binding of Isaac isn't "horror month" enough? Of course it is! It's the epitome of horror month. Well maybe not, but it still fits. Anyway, let's talk about this.

A lot of people know very well that I hold anything Binding of Isaac on a high pedestal, and I assume you know it's for good reason. Hell, it's still one of the best games that has come out in quite a long time, and although I haven't really put as much time into it lately as I would like, I still consider it one of the best games i've had the pleasure of playing. That's mostly due to the fact that I just need to be in a certain mood for it now, when before, I could just play it whenever I felt like, mostly because it still felt new and it still does feel new, it's just one of those games I have to really focus on, and sometimes I just don't feel like focusing too much. But the Afterbirth DLC update is going to add so much more content that will make the game feel new and wonderful as it once was at it's initial release.

The developers have been giving us updates on a semi regular to regular/daily basis as to what we can expect from this update, and the fact is, it's going to be amazing. This game series in general has never skipped any steps or done anything wrong. Hell, I don't even think i've really ever been disappointed with this series. It's been fun and it continues to be that way. The different synergies you can do, the different ways to win, it's all a lot of fun. This update is going to be bringing even more of that. More synergies with items that desperately need them, new items to find and discover, and different map / level types. It's going to feel like a whole new game while still maintaining the greatness of what makes it great.

I've gone ahead and pulled some images from Steam to give you an idea of what to expect, and if this doesn't get you pumped up, I really don't know what will.

Also, it's $6.66 on Steam right now and it's being released on October 30th. Whoever is doing the marketing for this game is doing a perfect job.

GET HYPED!!!