Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 06:49 PM   #46 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
1. Fair. I only hope that you'll find enough "alternative rock" bands that you can remove the Smashing Pumpkins.

2. I'd have kept Soundgarden at least. They may have been injecting some serious classic rock into their sound, but there was enough grunge there up until the end for them to qualify. Screaming Trees much less so, but I wouldn't change their album based solely on genre relevancy. I haven't listened to them in a while, but if Dust is their best album, then it should stay.

Also, lol @ ****ing over Pearl Jam. **** that band.

3. All the other first wave no wave bands started around '77, after getting tired of punk, whereas Suicide started half a decade earlier cause they thought Iggy Pop and the VU were cool. Album release dates can tell a misleading story.
1. I like the Smashing Pumpkins, and I think a lot of other people do too, so they're staying.

2. Genre relevancy is everything to these psychos, I gotta keep these as genre-relevant as possible.

3. I'd argue that their sound is more important than the time period in this case. Also, the fight is about the album, not the band.

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote