Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 09:37 AM   #290 (permalink)
Key

I've been reading some reviews for SOMA today, because I've been excited about it for a while, and one review really caught my eye. It basically read "the creators of Amnesia are back, and better than ever. They've gone back to what they're good at, and it works really well." So this has something on my mind not even related to SOMA, but instead...the possibility of a sequel to one of the best horror games ever made.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent, if you don't know, is easily one of the finest crafted survival horror games ever made. I may be exaggerating that a bit, but I like the game a lot. Everything from the gameplay to the jump scares are all fantastic. Lots of running around and fearing for your life as if it was you in the game is also a great feeling. Back when this game was released, it was evident that the developers knew what they were doing. Unfortunately, they seemed to sort of lose a bit of credibility when the indirect sequel was created. I'm not really sure why that was since I've played the game, and I think it's great. It's no Dark Descent, but it wasn't meant to be. I think people were just really expecting a direct sequel to a great game, and were left disappointed. But hey, there's no such thing as being "too late" when it comes to making games. Anyway, let me get to my point. According to that review that I mentioned earlier, SOMA apparently showcases the best qualities of Frictional Games, which if you think about it, is a pretty good push for them to push out a sequel to one of their best games. I've yet to play SOMA for myself, but I do own it and am currently in the process of installing it, so I don't know how accurate that review is. The game seems to be getting good reviews, so this could be enough for the developers to realize that maybe they just need to get off their asses and make a sequel for The Dark Descent. I don't even know what to expect if a sequel for The Dark Descent was made, but it would be really interesting to see what they'd do with the game with what they've learned over the years. I'd imagine there'd be really creative ways to scare the **** out of you.

Keep in mind, this is all speculation. Frictional Games doesn't even need to make a sequel for The Dark Descent as the game is fantastic on it's own. It's just fun to think of the possibility since there's so much they could do to make the game fantastic. Hell, they could even team up with the team of Outlast and make the scariest game ever made. Oh god, that'd be so deliciously terrifying.