Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 03:56 PM   #20963 (permalink)
fiddler
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Based on your explanation it doesn't sound like he was attempting suicide. Sounds like he wanted to know what it felt like with no intention of going threw with it at that point. If I'm wrong then yes you were within your rights, but I still don't agree, or believe you should have those rights.
The reasonable definition of attempting suicide is putting oneself into harms way that a reasonable person would understand that death is a possible consequence of the action. He put the belt around his neck, and tightened it, then attempted to go to sleep, in the hopes that maybe it would kill him during the night (I have the Skype conversation). Civilian cops can do the same thing in similar situations. YOU can do a similar thing in similar situations. And rest assured, that if you were to be standing on a bridge about to jump off, and a civilian cop drove by, they would probably stop and try to talk you down, call a bus, etc. If they were successful in talking you down, you would be placed under arrest for the "reasonable prevention in loss of human life" and taken to a hospital.