Music Banter - View Single Post - aux-in's Collection: [The Electronic Continuum]
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #46 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Some hand-selected picks that I want to talk about.

The Prototypes (ft. Mad Hed City) - "Pop It Off"

I love how raw and animalistic this drum & bass tune is in its energy and sound. The video features four blokes who go to a construction site to probably do some bad things. While there, they encounter a strange, dust-like substance that makes them want to bust a groove, instead of people's faces. Who knew asbestos held such powers? If you like Skrillex or rap music, this might be up your alley.

Rogue (ft. Megan Dean) - "Cataclysm"

Here's another one from Rogue. He got his friend Megan Dean to do the vocals for this track. It's slightly repetitious in some parts, but it's infectious nonetheless. Love the silky-smooth lead-in to the first drop. Overall, "Cataclysm" is a really solid, clear, melodic vocal song that keeps me coming back to the replay button. This is glitch-hop. From the Earth EP.

DJ Encore (ft. Engelina) - "I See Right Through To You"

Without Pandora, I never would have come across this track. This is from 2002 and it does sound a tinge dated, but it doesn't matter. Even though I missed it upon its release, and while it's not directly connected to any person, place or thing, in listening to it now, it gives me a sense of early-2000s nostalgia. Off the album Intuition.

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."

Last edited by Aux-In; 09-26-2015 at 04:10 AM. Reason: missing word/syntax & title correction
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote