Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #89 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Hey TechnicLePanther, I noticed that the Psychobilly list is pretty slim. Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em by Reverend Horton Heat is a classic, if you need some more albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Since synthpop evolved from post-punk, then definitely. It's far more derived from rock than actual pop.
Synthpop evolved predominantly from New Wave, Hi-NRG, and experimental music. Post Punk did contribute it's quirky darkness to the scene, but saying that the whole genre of Synthpop evolved from it is shortsighted. Might seem like I'm nitpicking, but if you start listening to Synthpop expecting it to be influenced mainly by Post Punk, you'll certainly find a few gems here and there, but you might be disappointed by the majority of what you hear. Taking a look at most lists of classic Synthpop albums, you'll see them dominated by bands like Berlin (a New Wave band), Kraftwerk (experimental/electronic), Michael Jackson (with his synth-y Disco work), and so on. I remember sending you a bunch of Synthpop and Hi-NRG songs awhile back, and you must have not liked them, because you didn't even bother to respond.

But yeah, it was still rock-oriented, in the sense that most Synthpop bands kept the classic rock band structure.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote