Music Banter - View Single Post - The "What Does Punk and it's Idealogy Mean To You?" Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Default The "What Does Punk and it's Idealogy Mean To You?" Thread

I asked a similar question a while ago on Y!A but we couldn't really get too in depth with talking about it due to the limitations of that website. One of the things I love most about punk is the community; and how everyone has very different views on what's punk and what's not. As well as how people are supposed to act and blah blah. My friends for example act considerably different than I, but we're all part of the same sub-culture. I'm wondering what opinions everyone on here has of this?

I think punk is about honesty. The music is more human, and no one cares how raw the production is or how many times the drumer messes up, most of the time in fact praising these qualities. The people tend not to lie about who they are, instead embracing their imperfections and just not giving a **** what people think about their clothes or demeanor. It's not about how good of a musician you are, it's about what you can accomplish WITH what little/much musicianship you have and the message you create. It's about having fun, while introducing new unorthodox values to the culture while doing so. That's punk to me.
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote