Music Banter - View Single Post - natural snow buildings
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 06:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
e7add9
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast View Post
Mirrorring - Foreign Body (collab between Grouper and Tiny Vipers)

A lot of these are more on the ambient side, but match "A type of hazy, surreal, dreamlike landscape".

TwinSisterMoon
Stars of the Lid
The Caretaker
Ulaan Passerine
Leyland Kirby
Julianna Barwick
Roy Montgomery
William Basinski
Jessica Bailiff
Tim Hecker
thank you for these by the way. Used to listen to Stars On The Lid very frequently on stim binges in high school haha. I recall once having an extremely powerful mushroom trip while listening to "Music For Twin Peaks Part II" with headphones, crying because of how i was perceiving my place in time & space in relation to the people in my life... i don't know how to explain it really... but drone music like that is really something that affects me strongly.... I know Roy Montgomery's done some work with Grouper too, it was a lovely EP i think it was... also Basinski's work, particularly the Disintegration Loops, it's super special to me.... Evo said something about liking old crackling music, I dig things like that too, almost like some field recordings, or better yet, ancient tape loops- speaking of which, any recommendations for tape music? Not necesssarily drone based which would be awesome, but things like Sepviva Bells, or the album RTZ by Six Organs, that really haunting sounded, dead trees in the late autumn type feel? I don't know how much sense I make spilling my synesthesiac visions into a text format but i've reeally been amazed by this type of music and eagerly hope to find more.
e7add9 is offline   Reply With Quote