Music Banter - View Single Post - The Democratic Primaries
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

i'm honestly confused... cause it seems like if anything these are the types of gun crimes where the criminal is going to be willing to do whatever it takes to get a gun

currently they get them legally, which is atrocious

and obviously i'd agree with background checks

but i'm very skeptical that even if you could prevent every nutjob from getting a gun legally, that they wouldn't be willing to score them illegally to go on their spree. i mean we are talking about suicidal/homicidal mental cases... right?

don't get me wrong i'd love if we put background checks into place and it did prevent these shootings. but logistically it just sounds absurd to me. like the guy is dedicated enough to kill himself but not dedicated to wander into the wrong side of town looking for a gun with the numbers scratched off, just like drug dealers do every single day.

like i said i'd support the background checks, even so. i just doubt that would really stop it. i mean the examples he gave of countries which have eliminated this problem... england, australia..? lol, they go a bit beyond "background checks," don't they?
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote