Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 10:38 PM   #34620 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I'm a horrorcore fan. Don't really like ICP these days. As I grew up, their peers grew too, but they themselves didn't. They in fact shrank down. Only so many references to their balls that I can take. Kind of sucks because their whole shtik aloud them to shove the worlds short comings in it's own face but they were never really bright nor clever enough to use it to it's full advantage. It's like a very very immature version of Marilyn Manson with corny old school hip hop flows.
The concept of horrorcore doesn't really leave much to grow from, so it doesn't really bother me that a group or artist doesn't evolve from it. ICP has more personality than any of the groups that they inspired, regardless of whether they were more or less musically talented. If I want legitimately good hip hop I'm not going to go to horrorcore in the first place.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote