Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 05:43 AM   #2793 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

All right, settle down! Take your seats please, and turn off all mobile phones. The feature presentation is about to commence to start. It's time again to watch, undecided as whether to punch the air or cringe down in your seat as we return to show you more of what happens when

“We live to rock” by Thor, from the album Wild in the Streets, 1986.
Appears in the movie Rock'n'Roll Nightmare, 1987.

If you thought the last movie we featured was bad, don't even think about watching this one. Though you might possibly want to listen to Thor, who contributed the track “We live to rock” to a movie that was so bad it went direct to video --- in Canada! Yeah.

“God gave rock and roll to you II” by Kiss, from the album Revenge, 1992.
Appears in the movie Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, 1991.

Right, fuck all these crappy movies and films I haven't seen. Let's take one I enjoyed, as I think did anyone who watched it. One of the best closing themes ever in the sequel to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Kiss revitalised the old Argent hit and pumped it up for the nineties, creating a rock anthem that still reverberates though metal today. Righteous, dude!

“I disappear” by Metallica.
Appears in the movie Mission Impossible II, 2000.

The only standalone Metallica track, “I disappear” (something a lot of you probably wish they would do!) was written specifically for the soundtrack to the sequel to the Tom Cruise career-resurrecting Mission: Impossible. It smashed the charts and became a number one for Metallica, I think their only one, ironically. I haven't watched the franchise myself --- not interested in watching Cruise be cool; he's far from my favourite actor, though I do commend his performance in Born on the Fourth of July --- but it's an internationally recognised phenomenon now, based on the old TV spy series I vaguely remember watching as a kid. Yeah, I'm that old.