Music Banter - View Single Post - The "What Does Punk and it's Idealogy Mean To You?" Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #48 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
If that was true then the Rolling Stones first albums, early 80s black metal, and god knows what else would be punk. *Punk is a cookie cutter fashion statement for kids who want to piss off their parents that stopped being relevant sometime in the 70s/80s.*
I wouldn't say that. I always see the definitions for "dressing punk" and "acting punk" to change with who you ask. Some don't do either, but still consider themselves punk. I'm not saying they aren't, but honestly I don't care wha label they put on themselves. What matters is the music, and what the individual stands for.

I mean, I don't really consider myself a punk but I do uphold the modernized values. I don't have a mohawk or chains or anything. I don't care. I don't care if you care. I love the music, I love the community, and that's all that matters.

I mainly started this to see how others view the music. Haha, doesn't seem to positive so far, but that's your guys opinion. I respect that.
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote