Music Banter - View Single Post - The "What Does Punk and it's Idealogy Mean To You?" Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 04:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
I wouldn't say that. I always see the definitions for "dressing punk" and "acting punk" to change with who you ask. Some don't do either, but still consider themselves punk. I'm not saying they aren't, but honestly I don't care wha label they put on themselves. What matters is the music, and what the individual stands for.

I mean, I don't really consider myself a punk but I do uphold the modernized values. I don't have a mohawk or chains or anything. I don't care. I don't care if you care. I love the music, I love the community, and that's all that matters.

I mainly started this to see how others view the music. Haha, doesn't seem to positive so far, but that's your guys opinion. I respect that.
I love a lot of punk. I just don't care for a lot of the chaff that comes along with the music. Sub-cultures in general, musical or otherwise, are generally best left behind once you've developed the ability to think for yourself (i.e. sometime in your late teens/early twenties at the latest).
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote