Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 12:47 PM   #302 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba
What don't you like about it?
Well when it came out it was supposed to be this big return to form after the mid 80s pop metal of the Turbo album (which I didn`t think was actually that bad to be honest but loads of long time fans hated it), but it wasn`t & basically flopped.I think the problem was they run out of ideas , they`d been using the same production team & the same studio for about 6 or 7 albums & it just sounded like a poorer version of what they`d done before.
I own everything Judas Priest did from 1975-1991 , I had about 4 or 5 albums on vinyl including this one. It was the only one I didn`t bother replacing on CD (even their debut album & nobody owns that).

I think another problem was that this was their current album when I got into the band around 89/90 so this was the first Priest album I bought & I just remember thinking it was crap compared to the little of their old stuff i`d heard & wished i`d bought one of the other 2 albums you mentioned instead.

But i`d say if you are going to buy it at least it was a part of a collection with 2 of the greatest metal albums of the 80s.So you got your moneys worth

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote