Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 10:15 AM   #2818 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know you don't like Sad Wings of Destiny, but considering that it's considered one of Priest's most revered albums, and their best by more than a few, I have a hard time believing that the band considers it a bad memory.
Well I'm talking more about how they were made. Sad Wings isn't terrible (though in my exploration of Priest's material I'd have to say I'd put it far from their best, but what do I know? I'm just a Johnny-come-lately to the band) but I imagine the conditions under which it was recorded, the feeling they might never make it and the total lack of support from Gull all contribute to make the band have some sour memories of that album. Sure, in retrospect, they're gonna look back at it fondly, but I would imagine it reminds them of how bad things were, and those sort of memories tend to stick.

Also, remember I know little of Priest and am only formulating my opinion and view of them as I go along, and as ever, without any backup from other sources, any comments I make here are my own determinations, which may well turn out to be wide of the mark.