Music Banter - View Single Post - Which Band Do You Like The Most?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 01:19 PM   #83 (permalink)
Kashmir86
Traveler Of Time & Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
And what new bands have you listened to recently?

This is the kind of rose tinted looking at the past that I expect from classic rock bores like yourself.Everything was great back then when REAL rock bands ruled the world.It doesn`t matter that Led Zeppelin were just some blues stealing c0ck rock band or that AC/DC have made a living out of the same song for 30 years.

Don`t get me wrong there were some great songs at that time , I just don`t need to be reminded that they were great songs so much so long after they came out.I`d much rather hear someone raving about something new and original than saying how great Bohemian Rhapsody or Stairway to Heaven for the billionth time.
AC/DC is not my favorite, their lyrics are really plain and sort of retarded really. I am talking of bands like Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, CSN, Buffalo Springfield, CCR, The Stones, The who, they all sang about real life subjects and they did it in a civilized manner, they didnt just say f this and f that and f society and everybody, bla bla bla, they had real meaninful lyrics and they had talented musicians, something that you have to search high and low nowadays to find. I'm sorry but I relate to older music like that much better than music now, not to mention back then songs had more than an 8 second opening and often featured a guitar solo, which is appealing to me as I play lead guitar in a band and I tend to favor music that features interesting riffs and solos, not just strictly rythym guitar with a 4 second solo section.
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"