Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 03:22 PM   #2834 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Mr. Bungle has an overarching metal theme, although there are a lot of other genres squeezed in there, which is why I chose it. Boo for your skippage though (Phlegmatics in particular is heavy as ****), I consider it an avant-garde metal record precisely because its loose with the genre definition. I also picked it to get you to listen to it, which I've obviously failed at.

Black One is actually on Spotify, but you probably didn't find it because Spotify can't decide if the band is called Sunn O))) or Sunn 0))).

With Fantomas, the 13th track doesn't have any music on it because of bad luck.

I think there might have been more for you to "latch onto" and understand with the Naked City album if you listened to it track by track. Not that you would like it in that context, but it would give you the idea that it's a back and forth battle between genres seen in a grindcore context. If you listen to it all straight through with no prior knowledge, it would be a lot harder to discern the change ups from the start of the next one.

At least you had the balls to stick it out on the list and go out of your comfort zone (well, at least until you man up and finish that Mr. Bungle record).

Long story short, I think you need to start doing drugs my friend.

Last edited by Frownland; 10-07-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote