Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 05:32 PM   #2839 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
1. You should take drugs. I take drugs, but this music is still brilliant to me when I'm sober. I just recommended that because you seemed especially close-minded on the Bungle review.
It's not close-minded. Stop saying that, it's really insulting. I listened to half the damn thing, which is more than I should have. You're pretty closeminded about the music you say you hate too.
Quote:
2. If you ask people to recommend things to you, try to be a little forgiving when they assume that you have some semblance of taste and end up recommending you an album that they really like. Especially given that you asked us what our favourites were, you shouldn't get all huffy and puffy about my selections.
That's just a straight-up insult. Who the hell are you to tell me I have or have not taste, just because I don't like the weird music you do? You know you only recd that album to annoy me, so stop pretending there was any other reason.
Quote:
3. Don't use weak excuses to avoid what you signed yourself up for.
That doesn't even deserve an answer.
Quote:
4. I brought up the Naked City track bit because I thought that you had listened to the full album video on Youtube. I wasn't saying that you would like it, but that you would understand what the album is actually like if you did it track by track (which you did).
Right, now I understand.
Quote:
5. I never berated you for disliking these albums.
Oh, you did, in your sneaky "you-don't-get-my-music" way that you love to. Like the bolded quote in point 2...
Quote:
5. Go listen to Mr. Bungle, quitter.
Shan't. Can't make me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I'm sure he'll really like that one. Disco Volante is my favourite though, so I had to go with that even though I was sure of TH's opinion on it. Let's hope that someone didn't recommend an Iron Maiden album in the Love or Hate? thread, he might get overwhelmed with excitement and skip California.
What would be the point of that? "Love or Hate?" is for albums I have never heard before, and do you think there's even one Maiden album I have not heard?