Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #2840 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Getting and liking are two very different things, Trollheart, at least for me. You can try to dance around my close minded bit by saying "oh, but it's not", but it won't actually make you seem any less close minded. You gave up on Mr. Bungle without trying to see the metal elements that I can pick up on because you think it's weird. The diversity within the songs themselves should have been enough to suggest that the first song wasn't identical to the last, but once the exit door read "this might not be a metal album, maybe", you quickly ran to it. Kind of a textbook example of close mindedness right there, and I'm sorry if my accurate use of language is insulting to you. The bit about taste was slightly humourous, btw, since taste is subjective (I know, strange innit?). I also do love Disco Volante to the highest degree, which is why it landed on my list after you asked me to change it because you were familiar with some of the albums on it. Getting you to listen to it was only a small element of me adding it to my list.

Look, I don't want to fight with you or dominate metal month with bickering. If you had leveled half of your rants against me in the love or hate thread I'd understand, but you're acting as if my taste is a personal affront to you. I'd like to let you know that it is not.

You should still do drugs though, they get a bad rep.

Last edited by Frownland; 10-07-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote