Music Banter - View Single Post - Wilco
Thread: Wilco
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #108 (permalink)
Traveling_Alone
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
My issue with Wilco, as fine a band they are, don't make consistent records (besides YHF). Each of their albums, excluding YHF, have some great songs but as whole records they flounder. For every great song, theirs an equally bad one. But of course, they gifted us with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. One of the best records in the past 15 years. So credit goes where credits due, but I wish I could enjoy more of their stuff.
I understand where you're coming from. I guess that's what I love so much about music, and more specifically talking with others about music. I get to see other interesting and insightful opinions. Even if I disagree with some; still makes an interesting conversation. I can definitely agree there's some weak Wilco songs out there, I don't think I feel as strongly about them as you do, but that's where the opinion part comes in. Overall, I think Being There, Summerteeth, and A Ghost is Born are all good albums in their own rights. My favorite is always somewhere among those four released from '96-'04.
Traveling_Alone is offline   Reply With Quote