Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #2859 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Number seven on his list then is this:

Onward to Golgotha --- Incantation --- 1992

Another band I know nothing about. “The soundtrack to Hell”, says Ninetales, no doubt with an evil smile on his lips, but we'll see. At least it's a manageable size, ten tracks coming in at just over forty minutes. Yeah, this is not for me. We're on to track four and it's just a mess of thundering guitars and a vocal so low it's totally impossible to make out anything he's saying, assuming he's not just growling. Yeah, there's nothing here for me. Just downtuned guitars that seem mostly to be playing the same chords, no solos, no breaks, and the voice of a guy who sounds like he wishes he hadn't had that second curry.

Totally bored, and trying to get something from this turd, I checked out the lyrics, but nothing there either. Standard sub-Slayer material, nothing I haven't read before. In fairness, sometimes the guitars wind up and fly rather than plod along, but it's not enough to engage my interest for any more than a few seconds. The soundtrack to Hell? Maybe, if you're forced to listen to it.

I'm done with this, on autopilot now just waiting for it to end. Hope the next one is better, which would not be hard. Interestingly (perhaps the only point of interest on the whole album) there's a bonus track (which I did not listen to; why extend the misery any more than I need to?) which is called “Eternal torture”. Very appropriate.
The real sin of this album.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote