Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 11:50 AM   #2620 (permalink)
axstar713
Los Cochinos

Reminds me of this story that happened a few years ago in a suburb of Houston - except in this incident the cops responding to a call ate some of the evidence:

Quote:
The cops knocked on the door of the unit rented by Nicholas Charles Hill, 19, and were invited in. Once inside, police said they saw a small group of people standing around a bong. Hill was reportedly holding "a very large bag" of marijuana and had another, smaller one in his lap. Hill admitted he was a pot dealer, and that he'd just had a delivery earlier that day, if police are to be believed.

Three other individuals in the apartment were allegedly in possession of drugs, and a sweep of the place turned up two shotguns, some psilocybin mushrooms, about $940 cash, some more marijuana, and numerous bongs and pipes.

But what the police report doesn't mention is a tray of pot brownies that Hill said the cops seized and ate right in front of him and his fellow suspects.

"The other cop came into the bedroom with a tray of brownies and immediately assumed that there was pot or something in it by asking, 'Let me guess what's in this,' " Hill said.

It still would have been Hill's word against the cops', if the boys in blue hadn't made a fundamental mistake at this point: Hill told his lawyer, Daniel Cahill, that the cops got on their in-car computers and started bragging about how stoned they were.

Inevitably and hilariously, local reporter Ted Oberg at KTRK got his hands on the transcripts.

At 2:44 a.m., one officer typed to the other online: "So HIGH... Good munchies"

The other typed back, "Everything should be open when we get done."

First officer: "Two hours, max."

Second officer: "Probably, but this will take the whole shift."
Houston Cops Accused Of Eating Evidence In Pot Case | Marijuana and Cannabis News | Toke of the Town

Three Houston police officers accused of eating pot brownies they allegedly found while arresting suspect on drug possession charge | abc13.com
axstar713 is offline   Reply With Quote