Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Album Survivor [1st Wave Black Metal Division]
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #1886 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
As you know I gave up on that years ago and tried to pass the mantle to you, but we know what happened with that don't we!

I'm thinking that when these survivor wars are over that you, Technic and Wpnfire should take it over as Metal Wars was as popular as this thread back when I was doing it. It just needs a dedicated person or persons to make it work again.
I remember trying to take it over, but I think that my failure at keeping it going was more down to the thread being on the decline or on its last legs by that point.

Multiple people, myself included, have since tried to revive it, but there has just been little interest. Even when I tried putting up battles between albums that would actually interest people, the participation was still weak or even nonexistent.

With my experiences in my thread of what genres seem to generate the most interest, I might give it another go. Thrash, trad, proto, and apparently glam metal seem to get the most involvement, whereas extreme metal is often ignored by many. Don't know why, since extreme metal is one of the more popular genres around here. I guess the more accessible genres are just more likely for non-metal fanatics to be at least somewhat educated in.

Maybe there's a way to turn the two threads into sort of sister threads. Discussion on Metal Survivor generally tends to be minimal, even when participation is relatively high, while battles in Metal Wars had higher rates of non-vote posts.

I think it's probably due to the amount of albums in my thread, whereas the two or three albums posted in yours were easier to focus on. Most of the discussion in mine was usually generated by the back-and-forth by me, Frownland, Mondo, and a few others when I was still making and fine-tuning my lists. Otherwise it's mostly just vote posts.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote