Music Banter - View Single Post - Canadian Politics & the election
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 11:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I hear Germany has a decent system in place, that doesn't bother with moral ideology, but just does whatever is most pragmatic, whether it be liberal or conservative. If true, that's the way to go. Bringing morality into politics just opens the door to stupidity and deadlocks.

Logic > emotion.
Hmmm, I'll decent on the moral issues, I'm fairly libertarian, but I do think social conservatives make some valid arguments. (Some as in not many.)

One of the most influencial professors I ever had was for a philosophy course on moral ethics. He was a dedicated Marxist (Surprise, surprise) who taught us that the cultural right was not a bunch of kooks from the States, but people who had very valid arguments in terms of their philosophy. He made us analyze their arguments inside and out, it really gave me pause to think about my own stances.

I also personally came from a broken home with no father figure, and without going into a two paragraph venture, I'll just say check out the stats on single parent children compared to those who come from a solid two parent familes. The stats aren't to optimistic for kids raised by single parents, though I can't really think of a viable solution to this growing problem.

As for Germany. and other western countries like Italy, Japan & Korea ect. They are smart. They move like a unit and do what's best for the long term national interests of their population. Anglo Saxon countries on a whole tend to be much more libertarian in approach to economics, which definitely has it's advantages, but could possibly be their undoing as well.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote