Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metal Month III Progress Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 12:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Nah, I like it as it is. The whole point of going "off the grid" with countries not normally associated with metal is exactly that: to look into dark corners of the world, metal speaking, where you wouldn't normally expect to find the genre flourishing, or at least surviving. Iran surprised me, I must say, with its relative diversity. Anyone could do a feature on Norway or the USA: where's the fun in that? Whether it's relevant (and that's entirely subjective anyway) or not is beside the point.

As for Pirate Metal: hell that was just a blast and I enjoyed every minute. Let's not lose sight of the fact that, though this is Metal Month, it's still my journal and as ever I write about stuff I like. Hopefully others like it too, but I'm not gong to start writing to someone else's format, or idea of what they think I should be writing.

I try to maintain a balance between important, not so important and just damn fun sections, which seems to have worked fairly well so far. I can't see any reason to change that at this moment.