Music Banter - View Single Post - Your History as a Musician
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
jakeseven
Groupie

When did you start playing? What was your first instrument?

Technically I first started playing music at around 10/11, when I had piano lessons and played oboe in orchestra- oboe was my first instrument. Recently I've started playing bass and guitar and I really like them both.

What were the first songs you learned?

I played a lot of MCR/FOB covers at first.

Did you take lessons and for how long? What was your teacher like?

Nope, after piano lessons when I was young everything else after that was self taught.

When was your first performance? What gear did you have?

Never performed actually. I do a lot of solo covers, and write my own stuff, but I'd like to be able to show them some day.

When did you start or join your first band? What did you play? How long did it last?

Never was in a band (see above). Except for orchestra in primary school...does that count?

How have your gear preferences changed over time? What is your favorite gear now?

My gear preferences haven't really changed. I've been using more or less the same stuff.

How much gear do you own? How much have you sold? What are you hoping to own in the future?

Bass amp, acoustic guitar, recording equipment (microphone, interface, headphones), my bass...I want to get some pedals soon.

How have your influences and playing style changed over time?

Not that much. Still into pretty alternative/rock stuff. But now some indie, more acoustic, and pop songs too. More or less.

What were your best / worst performances like?

//

Have you ever had any studio experience? Where at?

Nope. I'd like to though.

Do you still play? If you don't why did you stop?

Yes, as much as I can. And write/compose.
jakeseven is offline   Reply With Quote