Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 04:00 AM   #2901 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

“Scream until you like it” by W.A.S.P.
Appears in the movie Ghoulies II, 1987.

Another song written specifically for a movie (I use the term loosely), WASP were the perfect complement to a movie so bad it doesn't even raise a laugh. Clambering shamelessly on the “Gremlins” bandwagon and making, frankly, an arse of it, this franchise actually survived two sequels until finally human brains decided the concept of Ghoulies going to college (for 'twas the title of the third, and mercifully last, of the movies) was a step too far, and called time. WASP, meanwhile, have outlasted their nasty puppet co-stars and continue to go strong, releasing their fifteenth album this month. This isn't on any of the previous fourteen.

“That's the way” by Led Zeppelin, from the album Led Zeppelin III, 1970.
Appears in the movie Almost Famous, 2000.

Apparently a spoof on the autobiography of a writer for “Rolling Stone” magazine and his efforts to cover the live performance of a fictional band. Sounds fun. Still, Chula would never forgive me if I ignored the contribution of his favourite band to this turn-of-the-millennium movie, even though the song was composed three decades prior. I guess some things do just get better with age.

“You could be mine” by Guns'n'Roses, from the album Use Your Illusion II, 1991.
Appears in the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day, 1991.

Famous as being something of the signature tune to the blockbuster Schwarzenegger movie, “You could be mine” was in fact never used in the actual film, but forms the basis of the music video which GNR used to release their single, and so is forever inextricably tied in to the movie. Great song though, one of their few if I'm completely honest.

“Bordello of Blood” by Anthrax.
Appears in the movie Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood, 1996.

And one more song written specifically for a movie, in this case the ill-fated filmisation (is that a word? It is now!) of the popular horror anthology TV series Tales from the Crypt. Anthrax seem like the type of band to relish undertaking something as gory and violent as this, and indeed they did.