Music Banter - View Single Post - Tool/A Perfect Circle
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 08:12 PM   #221 (permalink)
Wild7Dustr
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffler8402
what do you guys think of tool
they are one of my favorite bands
they have a different sound than most bands
some very heavy and some not
Now A Perfect Circle... its like a soft version of tool i guess
you guys thoughts on either band
Well, at 1st I wasn't really much into A Perfect Circle at all and it pissed me off in many ways!!! I knew that Tool wouldn't be the main focus at that time and, therefore, A Perfect Circle would lead us to waiting longer for a new Tool album, if it's ever going to be done!!!I've heard some of the circles stuff and thought it was pretty cool and interesting, but I still believe that tool was and is a much more unique band!!! I don't know if I'd call them a "soft version of tool" like you did...
...I'd probally just call them a basic rock band with a few good tunes.

And yes, they are very different from other bands, as well as each other!!!Tool has Danny Carey for one and, with me being an accomplished drummer, I can see that he is a very talented and unique artist!!!That's pretty much the main part that circle's missing when trying to compare them with tool...
...Danny Carey is the drummer that makes tool truly sound like tool and nobody could ever replace his unique style in that band!!! He really is the main difference for the most part...
...and that's what makes tool better I.M.O. besides the fact that tool has been around longer.I truly respect his style and would love to see a new tool album in the future, cheers to that!!!
Wild7Dustr is offline   Reply With Quote