Music Banter - View Single Post - Is classical music still relevant today?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 01:58 AM   #179 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelgirl View Post
Classical music is still relevant today. For example you will hear it in the background of your favorite Disney movie and has a subconscious effect as to what you listen to. Films like Brave and Frozen all include classical music in the background as well as Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty. I doubt it will ever stop being relevant.
Ha ha...the use of classical music in movie scores is exactly the reason I had for voting that classical music is still relevant today in society at large.

Also, my guess is that when people get older, they may appreciate classical music more. I used to find most of it so boring when I was a child. (Exception: Peter and the Wolf, but my record came with entertaining pictures.)

Now that my brain cells have reduced in number, I can enjoy a lot of classical music and find the details of its composition to be engrossing. I also feel it is some of the most emotionally moving music ever created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lights View Post
The thing that bugs me a bit is the amount of times it is used in the commercials, kind of loses sense afterall and the sound becomes overly associated with something irrelevant.
I kinda think it is fun to see how classical music gets used in surprising ways in commercials for trivial things.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote