Music Banter - View Single Post - The Torture Chamber
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 12:11 PM   #85 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Any thoughts/ideas on changing the point system?
I really doubt that anyone will be unable to finish an album thrown at him.
I know I won't, I'm toughened up from driving in the car with my dad, listening to terrible dad music.
We can of course change it to a simple win/lose thing, but the problem with that is what happens when someone quits halfway (as one of us will, believe me it's only a matter of time) or gets almost to the end of the album to find, say, a fifteen-minute closer is too much? They officially didn't make it and so lose, but surely they'd expect something for their efforts? Which is why I made the system as it is.

I also would not be too overconfident here. We've all done well but we've had barely a few albums here. If this gets popular, that could increase a hell of a lot and I am sure that there are some horrible albums out there. We're all just being mega-hard here, I know, nobody wanting to be the one who pussies out. But at some point one or more of us are going to fold. Let's see how it goes: it's early days yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You've never taken drugs a day in your life.
I don't have to have taken them for them to be a pet hate. I also hate paedos, but I've never sexually assaulted a child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Great job getting through those albums, Grindy and Trollheart!
Thanks! Your Pebbles one was tough going at times, I'll admit. Luckily they were all short tracks.
Quote:

Word on the street is that she was with Zappa and The Mothers for awhile. After leaving, she came back and showed up for one of their gigs. Someone on the stage started yelling across the room, trying to have a conversation with her. Something along the lines of "Suzy? Suzy Creamcheese? What's going on with you?" Anyway, everyone in the audience had no idea what was going on, and thought that the guy on stage was just freaking out and shouting random stuff. Frank eventually wrote a song based on the exchange ("Son of Suzy Creamcheese"), and other Psychedelic musicians made their own songs of it as well.
Ah, Zappa yeah: I knew I heard it somewhere.

:
Ah, Zappa yeah: I knew I heard it somewhere.