Music Banter - View Single Post - My electronic collection has gotten predictable. Where's the weird stuff?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Default My electronic collection has gotten predictable. Where's the weird stuff?

OK, so, I have a relatively wide variety of electronic acts in my collection already, but I'm getting a little tired of it all being familiar stuff. I keep coming up with a few new artists at a time that I like, but those artists are very similar to ones I already like - IE, liking Shpongle and Hallucinogen and then finding out about Ott.

So I'm after someone to fill in the gaps as it were.

I presently have plenty of straightforward ambient and downtempo, both in the pure ambient sense (Robert Rich, Satori, Elve etc), and the more accepted sense (Boards of Canada, etc).

I also have a lot of psytrance (Astrix, Intelabeam, Infected Mushroom, Cosmosis etc), and a lot of Psybient (Shpongle and the many imitators)

Whacked out experimental stuff is covered by Kashiwa Daisuke, Venetian Snares, Autechre, etc.

I'm presently getting hold of a bunch of Vaporwave, which I'm enjoying but realistically nothing I've found yet has beaten Esprit - Summer Night.

There's also the music in a lot of the old "Animusic" 3D animations that's really good, particularly this, that I can't really nail a genre on to find close-relatives musically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQso49UOW84

Where am I missing out in my Electronic library?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote