Music Banter - View Single Post - Traditional Chinese/Asian Music
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Wudadi111
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Can anyone recommend some good traditional Chinese/Asian music. Doesn't have to be Chinese. Thai, Japanese, Korean, Tibetan, Malaysian, Taiwanese, doesn't matter.

I watched the movie, House of Flying Daggers, again recently and was struck by how beautiful the music was.

Here's the kinda sound I'm after:

All recommendations welcome.
The first video I quote ”Lovers“ made by a famous Japanese composer. His name is 梅林茂 (Japanese official name use Chinese characters, you know it)
Japan has 250 famous composers at least, Japan attached great importance to music education. Therefore, I think japan is a Music Empire on today.

Japanese composers love to make a Chinese ancient wind music, There are many great Chinese music made by Japanese composers. but unfortunately, most Japanese made Chinese music always use 'Erhu' this instrument. but other Chinese traditional instrument, they always ignore it.

Although all Japanese instruments come from Tang dynasty, but, nowadays, these instruments not popular in China, just popular in Japan. That's why sometime you listen to some Japanese music feel these music very "old" & a long history feeling. because these Japanese instruments come from Tang dynasty. Japanese musician still use them on today, but Chinese musician less use them on today.

Common sense is : Chinese music have a long history feeling + Miss ancient time feeling + History of melancholy feeling +......
But sometimes you listen to some Japanese music you get "Immolation Devil/Ghost and God" feeling and get "elder than Chinese music" feeling, because it also related to Japanese Sacrifice/Ghost culture. The point is Japanese use these Tang dynasty's instruments let you get "elder than Chinese music" feeling.

I share you a best "Lovers" version play by "Chinese 12 Girls Band" and another music made by Japanese play by "Chinese 12 Girls Band"
If you want you can search "12 Girls Band" on YouTube

the second video---I can't find other video better than this one on YouTube

The second video I quote your post, this music is garbage(I'm sorry to that) But If your are Chinese, you'll know there are tons of music better than this one.

I just show you 3 music, let you know what is the real beautiful Han-Chinese music. I'm sure you will love it

Wudadi111 is offline   Reply With Quote