Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 12:07 PM   #34762 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
So very sorry man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Sorry for your loss, that's real rough. Stay centred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
That's understandable, that sounds exactly like the relationship i have with my best friend and if i lost him i would be a wreck too. I once lost a dear friend awhile back and it helped my grieving process to make a song in his honor, maybe that could help you out too eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I never know what to say when real stuff happens, but I've never lost a human friend before, but this song always makes me think about it and gets me misty-eyed. I listened to it on repeat when I lost my cat a little while ago. I'm not one for believing in the afterlife, but this is one of those scenarios that makes me wish for it.

Maybe this will mean something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Condolences Plank.
Stay strong.
A friend died recently and I was really ****ed up afterwards. But, although I've known him for a long time, we weren't that close and hardly had contact in the last few years. I can't imagine how it'd be losing one of my few really close friends.

You're hardcore.
Well if your psyche can take it and it doesn't screw up your daily life, then why not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
So sorry for your loss, Plank. We're all thinking of you.
A sincere thank you. I appreciate the well wishes.

I had gone over to his house after work on Wednesday for the usual beer and some tunes, and maybe a ride or two on one of the toys, and the Shed was all locked up. It was a beautiful day outside too, so this was strange. I thought he must have taken his Dad for a Doc appt, which is usually the case, but the front door was open with the outer screen door closed so I did kind of scratch my head about that. I got back in my vehicle and gave him a call, since a lot of times I'll catch him in the ****ter when I get there around 3:30, but I got no answer. A few thoughts ran through my head since he had been looking for a new job, I thought maybe he found one, or that he was at a neighbors house, or something along those lines. I went home and waited for a call back. None came. A few hours later I got the call from my roommate that he had been found leaning up against his bed clutching his chest. His parents found him, and apparently he had been gone for quite a few hours. I know his schedule, so he probably got his two kids off to school, then was about to open up the Shed and start the day, but never made it that far (which explains the open front door). I started thinking maybe if I had known he was in his room in that condition would I have been able to do something, but that's just wishful thinking. He was long gone before I even showed up. It was just his time to go.

The outpouring of prayers, condolences, and well wishes is astounding. People from the neighborhood that I haven't seen or heard from in 20+ years are coming out from all over the US, and my Facebook feed is a wall of Leon memories that I can't even look at right now. For such a little guy (he was 5'3") he left a huge gap in mine, and a lot of other peoples lives.