Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #11944 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
Been listening to Lifer and I must say these guys got that edge.
I skipped that one last year, but listened to it for the first time yesterday. I was surprised at how different it is compared to the previous, Natural History, and the latest Kunk. When you think about their discography Nupping > Natural History > Lifer > Kunk, Lifer stands out as kind of an oddball that's not as heavy as the others. The vocals are less distorted and noisy. I'll have to revisit but right now my favs are Natural History and Kunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantic Debaser View Post
The Megaphonic Thrift

Just recently discovered this Noise Pop/Shoegaze band from my home city. Really solid stuff, although the production is generally a bit "clean" for my tastes (somewhat of an epidemic in Norwegian music lately, I feel), especially considering their influences. And yes, as many have noted, Decay Decoy does sound very much like a Sonic Youth album at times, but I feel they consistently let their own personality shine through, so it doesn't feel derivative. As for comparing the three, I guess I'll have to give each a few more listens before deciding upon which is my favorite.
So yeah, really happy with this find, all things considered.
I like Decay Decoy quite a bit. Yes it does sound like Sonic Youth but there's more to it than that. I think I only listened to the self-titled album once and don't remember what I thought of it. And I'm not sure I knew about the latest one Sun Stare Sound. How do they compare?