Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 06:20 PM   #897 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I would agree that the site isn't quite as lively as when I first joined, and that more quality members have left than been replaced, but forums in general are suffering due to social media like Facebook and Twitter.

Also, from what I've read of threads from before my time, a significant percentage of them were boring, with most posts being one or two sentence entries that basically amounted to "I like this band as well. *Insert song* is my favorite." There might have been a golden age of Music Banter, but even that was years before I came here, and was likely followed by an increase in junk members who contributed little (as I alluded to in the above paragraph).

Whether or not the forum is past its prime, I enjoy the atmosphere of the current membership. We may not be contributing as much to the original intent of the forum as many would like, but I prefer my forums to be as much social gatherings as places for on-topic discussions. Other sites I've been to which were more on-topic have generally been pretty lame, with little in the way of comeradery or fun, so I'd probably be more interested in remaining a member of the current Music Banter than I would one which was more serious-minded, and I think most people are of like mind as exhibited by the discussions in Tore's rule change thread. Maybe he had a point, but by and large we like what we have here, so I'm not particularly interested in any drastic changes to the forum.

I think part of your (Sequoioideae) problem with the site might be more to do with your disinterest in more light-hearted kinship with your fellow members, or possibly being intimidated by what might be seen as a "clique" of members with their own in-jokes and whatnot. I understand that you're pretty introverted, but most of us are, so if you still have any interest in being a member of this site then it might be a good idea to "get in the thick of things": trade jabs, enjoy our company, and just have more fun in general.

Music Banter is what it is, and we like our friendly atmosphere, so join the party!
I actually agree with all of this.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote