Music Banter - View Single Post - A Trip Through Americana
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 02:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Traveling_Alone
Music Addict

4AM Concert Ramblings:

Just got home from a Todd Snider show tonight. Going to write a little about it here.

First time I had been to this particular venue. Place holds 500 people max. Show was thrown on the tour after the cancellation of another show and was basically added last minute in order to fill the date. So the show didn't get the attendance I would have figured. Which was totally cool by me. Got to see Elizabeth Cook and Todd Snider jam out for 2 and a half hours with like MAYBE 100 people in there max.

Cook done Heroin Addict Sister and a couple songs off her upcoming album. One is basically an add on of HAS called Methadone Blues. I'm honestly Yes to Booty, and It Takes Balls to be a Woman.

Todd came out and was the same guy he's always seemingly been. Took requests. Told story's, laughed, joked, and just seemed like an Alright Guy.

Playlist for Todd:

Can't Complain
Beer Run >
Age Like Wine > Beer Run
Hey Hey
Alright Guy
[I Got Fired]
[Cafe Du Monde]
Mr. Bojangles
Vinyl Records
Ballad Of The Kingsmen >
It's Your Thing > You Sexy Thing
All My Life
Too Soon To Tell
[Cash Cabin Studio]
Moondawg's Tavern >
Long Haired Country Boy > Moondawg's Tavern
Is This Thing Working
Stuck On The Corner >
Johnny B. Goode
[That Guy]
45 Miles
Good Fortune
Better Than Ever Blues, Part 2
e:
Play A Train Song >
Georgia On A Fast Train

Overall, fun experience. Would spend another $20 to see him again given the chance.
“And when at last you find someone to whom you feel you can pour out your soul, you stop in shock at the words you utter— they are so rusty, so ugly, so meaningless and feeble from being kept in the small cramped dark inside you so long.”

― Sylvia Plath

Last edited by Traveling_Alone; 10-18-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Traveling_Alone is offline   Reply With Quote