Music Banter - View Single Post - The Torture Chamber
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 05:31 PM   #124 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Another announcement: Torture Level

At Frownland's suggestion, I'm asking everyone to, as they listen to an album, award it a Torture Level (TL) which will be recorded on the OP. Whether or not you finish the album (and nobody has failed to yet) this records how difficult it was to get through it, how many times perhaps you thought of chucking it in, and how little you would like to hear it again. You can use whatever rating you use but make sure it's a percentage. As a rough guide, I'm using this:

1% - 20% = Really didn't bother me. Could listen to it again if necessary
25% - 50% = Bit annoying; wish I hadn't had to listen to it but never felt like throwing in the towel.
50% - 75% = Really difficult to get through, really hated this. Thought about stopping at least once.
over 75% = Bloody nightmare. Was lucky to make it through; proud of myself that I did (assuming you did of course)

You don't have to stick to that but it's a basic idea, however I will be colour coding the TLs from Green for least annoying up to Red for nightmare. We'll later be working out a "Hall of Infamy" thing where anyone who consistently triggers high TLs will get a place. More on that later.

For now, can anyone who reviewed an album please assign a TL asap, either PM me or edit your post to include it, and in the future please record the TL so I can note them on the OP results page. Thanks.

Also, I am now out of albums so anyone who has anything to throw my way....
I give the Fogelberg dude 55%. Pretty annoying towards the end, but really bearable.

My next torturec for you: Hans Reichel - Yuxo.
It's neither bad, nor particularly noisy, it's just that the daxophone sounds too crazy for a whole album.
I might have to upload it for you though, not sure you'll find it on the net.