Music Banter - View Single Post - The Torture Chamber
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 09:02 PM   #130 (permalink)
Thelonious Monkey
Caesar is home.

Dwight Yoakam - Hillbilly Deluxe

Alright, let's see what we have here.

"Little Ways" - Okay, I'm sorry, but this is laughable. His accent is ****ing hilarious. I mean, it's groovy, but I genuinely just can't stop laughing at his vocals. I can tell his voice is gonna grate on me after a while. But, it ain't terrible. I wouldn't consider it torture if this is what it is. This is gonna be an easy one I can tell.

"Smoke Along the Track" - This is a chill song. Nice train sounds. Not much to say really. I have a feeling it's going to be a bland album for me.

"Johnson's Love" - You know what, this ain't that bad. Maybe it's because I'm in a laid-back mood. But I can't say I hate it. I like the vibe. His voice ain't grating on me as much as I thought it would.

"Please, Please Baby" - Like the boogie vibe. Cheesy as **** but whatever. I ain't going to sugarcoat it. I can dig this. Nice little fiddle solo. Why the **** am I enjoying this?

"Readin', Rightin', Rt. 23" - Yeah, this ones cool. Nothing much to say. Catchy. Gives off that nostalgic olden day vibes. **** if I know what I'm talking about.

"Always Late with Your Kisses" - Yeah...more sexy cheesy goodness.

"1,000 Miles" - This is far from torture TH. I can handle this, no sweat. Only 34 minutes. It's not even long enough to be derivative. I feel cheated.

"Throughout All Time" - Just sounds like the rest. Don't know what to say. I mean, I enjoy the fun vibe, but there is nothing in the case of diversity. More fiddle.

"Little Sister" - An Elvis Presley cover. It's alright. Best song on the album, I'd say.

"This Drinkin' Will Kill Me" - Is this Country? It's extremely hard to tell.

TL: 1% - 20% You're going to have to do better than that TH.

Also, here is my rec to you.

We Stitch These Wounds by Black Veil Brides
Thelonious Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote