Music Banter - View Single Post - Gambling: do you, and if so, how much?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 11:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Like I say, I rarely bet (unless you count lottery, which I get each week, one for our national Lotto and one for the Euromillions; haven't won yet. Think I keep getting broken tickets) but my biggest bet and claim to fame/shame was years ago when I bet AGAINST Ireland, World Cup qualifier I think, who were losing 5-1 to Cyprus. I noticed live betting was still active and 5-2 was something like 250-1! I said **** it I'll do it, Cyprus scored again and I was quids in!

Except that the online system refused to complete my bet. Luckily I had been talking to a rep on the phone at the time and told him I wanted to place the bet but it wouldn't go through. Long story short, after a lot of arguing they gave me half my winnings (as technically my bet had not gone through and they could have given me nothing) so instead of 800 Euro I got 400, but it bought me a new fridge freezer.

For a long time I felt a mixture of triumph and shame every time I opened the door of that thing...
Online betting can be confusing and it's common for the sites to freeze and other sorts of **** ups.

I nearly made a mess of things a couple years ago. Chelsea were playing Shakhtar Donetsk and my betting tactic required bets on Chelsea win, draw (placed in play, same as your Ireland bet) and Shakhtar win. As I placed the draw bet I realised I placed it for the match to be a draw only at half time not full time

This bet almost came in though but Oscar scored just before half time to put Chelsea 2-1 up, so I needed either team to win as if it was a draw it was the only market I didn't have covered and I would have been about £90 down. Went out for a pint as I couldn't watch it as I was ****ting myself. I came back in and it's injury time and the score is 2-2 so that's basically it. Got Flashscores on and wait for the match to finish, look at the scores and Victor Moses scored a winner four minutes into injury time

£35 up from £90 down
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote