Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 09:25 AM   #1001 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
A. You lectured her about reading people's mind, but then you go and read mine.
How did I do that? All I did was state what you always do. There are plenty of examples I can bring up if you want. What "she who shall be nameless" said was that she knew WHY people were posting, what their intention was, and nobody can know that. You can guess, but you can't know, just as you can't be sure if this is a serious reply or if I'm pplling your chain until/unless I tell you.

(I'm being serious).

B. Ki can dish it out but he can't take it. In the immortal and slurred words of Rambo "He drew first blood."
Quote:
C. That was said more for you than her. Since I didn't want to see you entangled (insert Genesis joke here) in a debate with her, which can be long and drawn out, and ... (insert 1,000 word essay joke here). I thought if you know how some people tick, it takes away their sting, their power to annoy you.
What was said more for me than her? It's pretty funny that though she's now banned forever we're still talking about "her". Guess she's to be enshrined forever in the Music Banter annals as the female Dirty...

Also: good Genesis ref, like it. And how exactly were you going to show me how she ticks? I don't think anyone knows that. Maybe not even her.
Quote:
D. You're pretty vitriolic with some of my favorite groups (i.e. ELP) and albums (i.e. ABACAB)
No, not like you. I accept if you hate an album, you don't accept if I do. I'm certainly open to debate, but to say something silly like "How can you not like album X?", well that's not what I do. I accept most people don't share my love of prog and other rock, but you don't seem to be able to take that I have problems with that album and ... you know what? I really don't know what you're talking about to be honest. You can like or dislike what you want and I don't ever recall being "vitriolic" about, well, very much really. I get impassioned, sure, but who doesn't?

These sort of replies are the things that stop us being proper friends, because there are times when I honestly don't know how to react to you.