Music Banter - View Single Post - The Roast of MusicBanter Members
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 04:19 PM   #504 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

yea norm is the man... i love his pedo bit @ 6:00 or so... though tbh this entire clip is classic. the devil joke at the end is also priceless

as for 9/11...my favorite 9/11 joke was gilbert gottfried's line at the hugh hefner roast. the roast took place immediately after 9/11 in new york city... his joke doesn't appear in the video footage of the roast cause it was so controversial.

Quote:
Current Las Vegas Hilton headliner Gilbert Gottfried remembers a moment of remarkably errant timing nearly a decade ago, when he was among the comics recruited by the Friars Club to roast Hugh Hefner in New York City.

In a performance that has become revered among comics, Gottfried surveyed the audience, measured the merits of terrorism jokes against the anguish being suffered across the country and …

“I came out and said, ‘I have to leave early tonight, I have to fly out to L.A. I couldn’t get a direct flight, I have to make a stop at the Empire State Building,” Gottfried, appearing in “Icons of Comedy” at Shimmer Cabaret through Sunday, said on last Friday’s episode of Kats With the Dish (the new radio show I co-host with Tricia McCrone that airs at 6 p.m. Fridays on KUNV 91.5-FM). “And people were booing, and gasping, and one guy yelled out, ‘Too soon!’

“I thought he meant I took too long between the setup and the punch line.”
In retrospect, Gilbert Gottfried's 9/11 joke was maybe 'too soon' - Las Vegas Sun News

it's hilarious to me cause it's such a corny/mundane type of one liner joke... but because of the timing and the tragedy involved it's as edgy as you can possibly be without being lynched by a PC mob and driven out of hollywood forever

this of course is the same short nasally voiced whiney jew that was fired from AFLAC for his tweets following the tsunami in japan, which were likewise just harmlessly corny one liners that people raged over cause it involved a recent tragedy

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-1...kes#.bpL7yJeEm
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote