Music Banter - View Single Post - David Gilmour: Rattle That Lock
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
ReadyMadeFour64
Music Addict

Default David Gilmour: Rattle That Lock

I have always been a big fan of Pink Floyd. They have creative riffs and I enjoy every album. David Gilmour has also made great music, and I enjoy his guitar work. So, Rattle That Lock was a perfect sounding album. On paper.

It isn't a bad album, far from it. It's songs are good and I feel like I am listening to late Pink Floyd material. The thing that makes this album mediocre is that it is very slow. The first song "5 AM," is one that seemed to drag on for more than it should. Same with "Beauty." In fact, a lot of the album is slower music, but that can be done really well. I've seen artists like John Hiatt, Radiohead, and even David Gilmour that have made a slow album seem great. Here, it is just a little too slow. It's not bad, just slow and to an extent, boring at times.

The instrumentation is great. David's voice sounds good. Other than it being slow, I don't have a problem with it.

There is a song I really think you should listen to though, named "The Girl In The Yellow Dress." It's a 5 minute jazz song Gilmour put on the album. This has to be my favorite song on the album. It is really descriptive, and tells a short story. If there is a song you should get off the album, it's this song of the album's title tack.

I give it 6/10. If you are into good guitar work and have a lot of patience, listen to this. I think you will enjoy it. If you don't have much patience, well, listen to something else. It's not for everyone. a

Label Website:

My Music Blog and Other Music Stuff:
https://sites.google.com/site/readymademusicarchive/

Twitter: ThisIsReadyade
Instagram: ReadyMadeFour64
YouTube: ThisIs ReadyMade
Music Channel: ReadyMade Reviews
ReadyMadeFour64 is offline   Reply With Quote