Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #2985 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

Damn it! I really wanted to review Virgin Steele's new one, but they've made it very hard to get access to without actually buying the thing: not on Spotify, not on Google Play Music and not even on YouTube!
Boom.

http://valhallametaldownloads.com/vi...-2015320-kbps/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
This album would also be the last to feature longtime drummer Dave Holland, who would leave after recording it due to health problems. In fact, he was so sick that the band decided to use a drum machine for most of his parts, and so essentially he's not really on the album very much.
You know he's a convicted sex offender?

Quote:
In 2004, Holland was found guilty of attempted rape and several indecent assaults against a 17-year-old male with learning disabilities to whom he had been giving drum lessons.[3] In an interview during the criminal proceedings, Holland revealed that he is bisexual.[4] He was sentenced to eight years in prison. Due to this, Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi chose to replace Holland's drum parts on The 1996 DEP Sessions because he did not want a convicted sex offender appearing on his album.[5] He was scheduled for release in 2012 and was reportedly out by June that year.[6]

In late 2006, Holland, who has steadfastly maintained his innocence, revealed that he is in the process of writing a tell-all autobiography. Writing to Judas Priest biographer Neil Daniels from prison, Holland stated "I was convicted of a crime that I didn't commit, and like so many others in similar situations to the one in which I find myself, an offence that never even existed in the first place...".[7]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Holland_(drummer)
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote