Music Banter - View Single Post - The Torture Chamber
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 07:13 PM   #155 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Update: Yellow Alerts

I've been thinking about it, and my system is actually ****ed isn't it? Everyone has a week to do an album, but under my current system people who have every intention of reviewing within the time period are still going to get two annoyiong reminders to tell them not to forget what they were going to do anyway, and you're all going to be cursing me, saying "**** off! I'm going to do it! I haven't forgotten!"

So here's the new system:

No Yellows will be issued until AFTER the week has passed. Up to then you'll be free to post your review and can check on the OP as to when it's due if you're unsure. All albums will remain black until done.

Three days AFTER the week has passed, ie if you're to post latest Sunday, and have not done so by Wednesday, you'll be issued your first Yellow Alert. However, because at that point you will already be late, it will carry a 25% instant penalty, which will go to your challenger. If you haven't posted by six days after the deadline, same again, which means you lose 50%. Finally, if you don't post within the two weeks, you Lose and your challenger gets 100%.

I feel that's fairer. I'll only then start colour-coding the albums that are late, as already noted. So anyone who got a Yellow already can ignore that; as long as you get your album posted in time you needn't worry. Every reminder after that though will cost you.

I'm sure that's clear as mud, so if anyone has questions let me know.

We now return you to your original programming, already in progress...