Music Banter - View Single Post - MusicBanter's Official Rockpile (Dave Edmunds, Nick Lowe, et al) Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Default MusicBanter's Official Rockpile (Dave Edmunds, Nick Lowe, et al) Thread

Rockpile

left to right: Billy, Nick, Terry & Dave

Since forever or at least since I joined here I've wanted to do a thread for one of my all time favorite bands, Rockpile.

The band's active years was from the mid seventies to early eighties. They went against the grain with what was out at the time. They were a back to the basics band more influenced by artist of early Rock and Roll with songs filled Chuck Berry riffs, and The Everly Brothers harmonies. This is in contrast with being made at the time where corporate held the reins with AOR and cheesy Top 40 tunes that ruled the airwaves. Prog Rock took the wrong turn at Albuquerque with longer and longer songs. Entered Disco, Punk which further fractured the music landscape. And there was Rockpile in the middle of it all, playing straight forward Rock and Roll.

Genre - "They Call It Rock"

Albums
Trax on Wax (Dave Edmunds)
Repeat When Necessary (Dave Edmunds)
Seconds of Pleasure (Rock Pile)
Labour of Lust (Nick Lowe)

Personel
Dave Edmunds - rhythm and lead guitar, vocals
Nick Lowe - bass, vocals, vocals
Billy Bremner - rhythm and lead guitar, vocals
Terry Williamas - Drums, Drums, Drums !!!

(So this is a small introduction. Hopefully I will continue with album reviews, member profiles, promo & live videos, and everything else related to them.)

Rockpile - Danish TV concert (1979)

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote