Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 09:16 AM   #2764 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm going to have to start exploring more industrial metal. It's a genre I've somewhat ignored over the years for no really good reason, but preparing for the industrial battle in the Metal Album Survivor thread has gotten me much more into bands like Godflesh and Ministry whom I had previously been rather lukewarm to.

Strapping Young Lad is however a band I've loved for years... or at least this album, as it's the only album by them I actually own. Combining Foetus and Cop Shoot Cop with thrash, death metal, and grindcore is an idea so brilliant that I'm shocked they're the only band who ever thought of it.

Industrial Metal has some good gems hidden within the genre. Keep digging.

Right now I am busy being obsessive over how brilliant the new Fightstar album is. Familiar with them Batty? They may not be your cup of tea, but to me they put out one of the most important albums of the past 20 years with Grand Unification, it is so damn good Batty. Anyway. Give this song a listen Batty and tell me honestly what you think of it. It is this beautiful, metallic, space-ish, rock epic with an awesome climax. Starts soft but that climax man, sooooo good. You might hate the singers voice, I don't know. He was in a popular UK boy band called Busted, then he formed Fightstar and pretty much released this screaming demon in him. Took a lot of people by surprise with that scream of his.

Last edited by CoNtrivedNiHilism; 10-23-2015 at 09:27 AM.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote